Thanks to "58 Reasons" for this link.
Now that Kris Letang has evolved into the Penguins' top defenseman and an NHL All-Star, he would prefer that the emphasis be placed on his defensive play instead of his goal-scoring prowess.
Considering he hasn't scored a goal since Jan. 10, that only makes sense. Letang had eight goals and 50 points in the regular-season, but hasn't tallied since Feb. 11 at the New York Islanders -- a span of 27 games.
"I'm not looking to score goals or put points on the board," Letang said prior to the playoffs. "It's more playing a defensive game and making sure I shut down those top guys on the other side."
It doesn't help that Letang plays the left point on the Penguins' power play, which is 0 for 13 in their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Defenseman Zbynek Michalek said opponents are focusing more on Letang since Sidney Crosby suffered a concussion Jan. 5.
"Him and Sid seemed to have a really good connection, especially on the power play," Michalek said. "When Sid went out, people started paying a lot of attention to (Letang) and it makes it tougher on him."
Letang isn't worried, not after scoring three regular-season goals in 2010 then five in the postseason. He knows his best offense is good defense.
"I don't want to make too much of the goal-scoring thing," said Brooks Orpik, Letang's partner. "When he's at his best, he's focused on playing good defensively because we're always playing against one of the top lines. When he takes care of that, it seems his offense comes naturally and takes care of itself."
- Printed version of the video in previous post on h...
- Final Thoughts: Kris Letang (04/29/11)
- Post-Game: Kris Letang (4/27/11)
- Off-Day: Kris Letang (4/26/11)
- Kris Playoff Pic Spam
- From the Penguins site from todays practice 4/26/1...
- Post-Game: Kris Letang (4/25/11)
- Pic of Letang from today's practice in Tampa 4/25...
- Joyeux Anniversaire Kristopher !!!!!
- Playoffs 2011
- This is a street sign near my house!!! It makes ...
- Playoffs 2011
- Penguins vs Lightning playoffs 2011
- Funny Face there Tanger :)
- Playoff Sodapop cans
- Fiesty Letang after being hit (11-28-2010 game)
- Coachspeak with Dan Bylsma… (source: Penguins of...
- 04/18/2011 - Kris Letang Pregame Features - Game 3...
- Little blurb about Letang
- Cool article about Letang
- Thank you "58 Reasons" for this video of shirtless...
- Crosby and Malkin congratulate the Pens after thei...
- Penguins win game 3 against the Bolts
- Letang's goal: Play good defense
- Kris at Penguins practice 4-18-11
- Penguins vs Lightning
- Cleland Family Fundraiser (4/11/11) Kris in his gr...
- 2011 Playoffs Tanger
- Quotes from Kris today (4-13-11) about starting th...
- Kris you laying around on the job there??? lol
- 2011 Pen Playoff Time :)
- Penguins vs Lightning first round of the 2011 Stan...
- Thank you "58 Reasons for this link" Mini article...
- Kris pic spam
- Yay Kris
- Playoff Beard a Thon 2011
- Letang at the Penguins practice today 4-8-11
- Pens Practice 4-7-11
- Off-Day: Kris Letang (4/7/11)
- Letang Fan Appreication Day April 2011
- Team Photo Day April 2011
- Shirts Off Our Backs (4/5/11) Penguins
- Penguins vs Panthers 4-2-11
- Coachspeak with Dan Bylsma (from the Penguins web...
- Martin St. Louis goes top shelf on Fleury 3/31/11
- Kris Versteeg (#10 Flyers) vs Kris Letang (#58 ...
- Auction of Kris's apron from 2011 Skates and Plate...
- ▼ April (50)
- ► 2010 (225)