Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kris on the Super Skills Competition

Kris Letang

On the SuperSkills experience:
To be with those guys on the ice and see them show their skill, it’s a fun game. I’m glad I was a part of it.

On the backwards skating:
The thing is I’ve never done that. So you try to skate as hard as you can, but when you get to the curve you don’t know how much speed you need to get out close to the wall. It was tough, but at the end of the day it turned out pretty good.

On his one-timers:
I was trying to take some off my shot a little bit, but it didn’t get up. I had like 14 shots.

On the breakaway vs. Fleury:
I was a little nervous. We were both laughing at each other. When I went up there, I froze. He knows all my moves so I was like, “Uh, OK whatever.”

On what Fleury said after the shot:
He said, “I was expecting a backhand.” We talked about it and I said I wanted at least one goal, but I ended up freezing myself. He didn’t say anything.

On the All-Star Game:
I’m excited. I think it’s going to be fun. When you do those competitions you sit on the side for a long time and get cold. You do your thing, but you aren’t as fresh. Tomorrow will be better. Everyone will show their real skill.


Extra tidbits:
Marc-Andre Fleury

On stopping Letang:
I can go back home with my head up and give it to him, make fun of him.

Ovechkin broke his stick on his second Hardest Shot attempt. He then borrowed Kris Letang's wood. Unfortunately his first two shots with Letang's stick didn't register, but he topped 97 MPH on his third re-try. Last All-Star Game in Montreal, Ovechkin used Malkin's stick on his breakaway stunt.


Source
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=550984&navid=DL|PIT|home

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

Blog Archive