Source: Official Pittsburgh Penguins website
BOSTON -- The Penguins announced that defenseman Kris Letang will be sidelined for two weeks after suffering a shoulder contusion against the San Jose Sharks last Saturday.
Letang left the game halfway through the first period and did not return. On Sunday, Letang joined his teammates as they flew from San Jose to Boston. After arriving in Boston, he boarded his own flight headed to Pittsburgh so that he could meet with team doctors Monday.
Letang has seven points (1G-6A) through 17 games this season and averages 21:21 minutes of ice time per game, the fourth highest total on the team.
Letang's injury is the latest setback for a Penguins team that has been decimated by injuries. Pittsburgh is missing over a fourth of its lineup due to injuries to Sergei Gonchar (broken left wrist), Evgeni Malkin (shoulder strain), Max Talbot (shoulder) and Tyler Kennedy (undisclosed).
- ► 2011 (557)
- ► 2010 (225)
- Cute Kris pic
- Letang & Kennedy interview 6/1/2009
- Kris Letang interview 6/11/2009
- Letang & Gill interview 6/5/2009
- Kris Interview 6/6/2009
- Tuomo Ruutu Hits Kris Letang
- Pre Game Interview with Kris
- Fun video of Kris
- Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Vancouver highlights [12-8...
- Kris Letang Second Shootout Goal 12/8/2007
- Kris Letang First Shootout Goal 12/6/2007
- Kris Letang Shootout Goal Penguins Camp 9/19/08
- Great Kris video
- New Picture of Kris
- Letang Sidelined for 2 Weeks
- Random Quote by Kris Letang
- He shoots He scores!!!!!!!
- ▼ November (17)